About the Lead Safe Cleveland Coalition Committees
The Coalition has four working committees and six Ad Hoc committees. A brief description of each Committee and how they all work together is listed below. Alternatively, you can view the visual breakdown of the Coalition’s Committees here:
Looking for a way to help create a lead safe Cleveland? Join one of the Coalition’s working Committees where people like you are lending their voices. If you are interested in joining a committee, email firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the committee(s) of interest. The Committee meetings are open to everyone. Learn more about each one below.
Research & Evaluation
Chair, Case Western Reserve University
The Research and Evaluation Committee is responsible for measuring the Coalition’s success, establishing a baseline to measure change, track the lead certification progress and create and maintain a public dashboard for data.
The Research & Evaluation Committee works with the City of Cleveland’s Lead Safe Advisory Board:
City of Cleveland Lead Safe Advisory Board
The Lead Safe Advisory Board provides recommendations for improvements to the City's lead safe policies and procedures,reports quarterly on the progress and status of the certification efforts, and completes an impact analysis of the lead safe certification program.
Chair, The George Gund Foundation
The Resource Development Committee provides ongoing support to the Lead Safe Home Fund Administrators, including development, distribution and review of resources.
Chair, Enterprise Community Partners
The Policy Committee identifies and advocates for comprehensive local, state, and federal lead safe policies, including legislative, administrative, and implementation changes.
The Policy Committee has two Ad Hoc Committees and works with the City of Cleveland’s Lead Screening and Testing Commission & Lead Safe Housing Action Board:
- Lead Safe Child Care Settings (Ad Hoc Committee) Chair, Starting Point The Committee identifies and implements appropriate system and/or policy changes to improve lead safety in child care settings
- Educational Interventions and Lead (Ad Hoc Committee) Chair, Legal Aid Society & Cleveland Metropolitan School District The Committee helps Cleveland schools systematically identify children with histories of EBL, screen for delays and provide appropriate support to students.
- City of Cleveland Lead Screening and Testing Commission Chair, Cleveland Department of Public Health The Commission establishes best practices for efficient and effective coordination of screening and testing services for families that are at risk or that have been exposed to lead hazards.
- City of Cleveland Lead Safe Housing Action Board Chair, Cleveland Department of Community Development The Lead Safe Housing Action Board works to support families who must relocate as a result of a lead hazard control order, lead safe maintenance or lead poisoning
Chair, Environmental Health Watch
The Community Engagement Committee elevates resident voices and lived experience, and hosts outreach and education classes in the community.
- Special Events (Ad Hoc Committee) Chair, United Way of Greater Cleveland The Special Events Committee convenes Cleveland’s diverse community and organizes & plans events around lead poisoning prevention.
- Workforce Development (Ad Hoc Committee) Chair, Urban League of Greater Cleveland The Workforce Development Committee engages community stakeholders to correctly build and maintain the lead safe workforce, advise the Resource Center on workforce development, serve as a referral network and feedback loop and help to develop criteria and monitor entry into the community-based workforce program.
The Lead Safe Cleveland Coalition’s Steering Committee is made up of Committee Chairs, Individuals directly impacted, Civic leaders, At-large members and City of Cleveland representatives.
The Steering Committee oversees the affairs of the Coalition and supports the Coalition’s mission and purpose in the following ways:
- Help to ensure that the Coalition is viable as it pursues its mission, purpose, and guiding principles;
- Provide strategic guidance to Coalition staff and working committee chairs and help to ensure goals are met;
- Serve as representative voices of the Coalition
- Select the Lead Safe Home Fund administrator(s) and monitor the operation of the Lead Safe Home Loans and Grants, Lead Safe Resource Center, and Lead Safe Child Care Programming.
Chairs of Working Committees, Fiscal Agents of the Lead Safe Home Fund, and Steering Committee members.
The Executive Committee acts on behalf of the Steering Committee when such action cannot be delayed until the next Steering Committee meeting, monitors financial workings of the Lead Safe Home Fund, and advises Coalition staff on annual task orders for Lead Safe Home Fund Administrators.
Chair, Mt. Sinai Health Care Foundation
The Governance Committee supports the Steering Committee and helps to manage the Coalition’s policies and procedures.
*indicates Executive Committee Members
Vickie Johnson *
Chief Community Officer, Cleveland Clinic
Mitchell Balk *
President, Mt. Sinai Health Foundation
Policy Director, Schubert Center for Child Studies at Case Western Reserve University (CWRU), and Co-chair of the Ohio Lead-Free Kids Coalition
Executive Director, Legal Aid Society of Cleveland
Ayonna Blue Donald *
Vice President and Ohio Market Leader, Enterprise Community Partners
Marcia Egbert *
Program Director, The George Gund Foundation
Rob Fischer *
Co-Director, Center on Urban Poverty & Community Development, CWRU
Kim Foreman *
Chief Executive Officer, Environmental Health Watch
Council President, Cleveland City Council
Manager of Lead Initiatives, City of Cleveland
Sonia Monroy Matis
Sharon Sobol Jordan *
President and CEO, United Way of Greater Cleveland
Director of Grant Operations, Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Foundation
Taneisha Head *
Ohio Organizing Collaborative
Vice President-Public Affairs & Chief Talent Officer RPM International Inc.
Akron Cleveland Association of REALTORS
The Khnemu Foundation
If you are interested in joining one of the Lead Safe Cleveland Coalition Committees, send us a message.